Using an innovative suite of connected-classroom technologies, these extended classrooms allow students and professors to take part in active learning sessions, complete group projects and interact across extended classrooms, in real time, while at different campus locations. Each extended classroom is equipped with:
- Live video, audio and display screens enable students to hear, see and fully participate in relevant, timely discussions and problem-solving activities.
- Widescreen HD monitors and picture-in-picture views deliver visual perspective, allowing students in both locations to explore new ideas together.
- Interactive whiteboards feature two-way sharing to bring data, notes and dynamic case studies to life in both classrooms.
- Wireless content sharing allows professors and students to send images, files and documents from their own devices to display screens in both classrooms.
- Voice-activated motion cameras automatically follow the conversation, while facial recognition software helps the cameras identify who is speaking. Students see classmates as clearly as if they were in the same room.
- Special projection cameras capture images of materials placed below it, including 3-D objects, for live display on the extended classrooms’ whiteboards.
DeVry campuses with connected-classroom technology include:
|California||Bakersfield, Folsom, Fresno, Long Beach, Oakland, San Diego, San Jose, Sherman Oaks|
|Illinois||Addison, Chicago, Chicago Loop, Downers Grove, Tinley Park|
|New Jersey||North Brunswick|
To view a connected-classroom technology demonstration, visit http://www.devry.edu/on-campus-online/virtual-classroom-technology.html.
About DeVry University
DeVry University’s mission is to foster student learning through high-quality, career-oriented education integrating technology, business, science and the arts. Founded in 1931, the university offers undergraduate and graduate programs onsite and online within its five distinguished colleges of study: Business & Management, Engineering & Information Sciences, Health Sciences, Liberal Arts & Sciences, and Media Arts & Technology. The university is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (HLC, www.hlcommission.org).
With locations across the U.S., DeVry University is one of the largest private-sector universities in North America. The university is a part of DeVry Education Group (NYSE: DV), a global provider of educational services. To learn more about DeVry University, visit devry.edu.